Thai Massage Dublin
Thai massage is a massage style that includes both stretching and deep massage. The traditional form is sometimes performed on the floor with the client wearing comfortable clothes to allow for east access to the muscles and to enable easier mobility of the muscles. We don't usually use oils in tarditional Thai massage. In Thailand it is locally known as "nuat phaen boran" literally, the ancient-style massage.
At first the massage recipient changes into loose fittin comfortable clothes supplied by the masseuse . He or she thenlies on a mat or firm mattress on the floor.. The massues will begin to manipulate the recipeints body into many positions similar to that in yoga exercisethroughout the massage.
The masseuser leans on the recipient's body using fingers, palms and sometoimes the elbows to apply firm rhythmic pressure to the body. The massage will concentrate and continue along tjhe recipeints energy lines or 'sen'.. A full traditional Thai massage session can usually last up to two hours or more ale sometimes to condensed into just one hour but it waon;t be as thorough. The massage also includes rhythmic stretching and pressing of the entire body including pulling fingers, ears, toes, cracking the knuckles of the hands and feet,, walking along the recipient's back, and manipulating the recipient's into crab and similar positions to facilitate better stretch on the bodys core muscles.
Thai massage and medicine is said to have been founded by (Jivaka Komarabhacca)Shivago Komarpaj, who wa known to have been the physician to the Buddha over 2,500 years ago. The history of Thai massage is more complicated than this person as maybe suggested by some.. Traditional Thai massage is a combination traditions and influences from from Chinese, India and other Southeast Asian ares with traditions of masssage and medicine. The form that is practised today is a combination and synergy of all the influences brough to Thailand ober the last few centuries. Even across Thailand ther are many variationsparticular routine is accepeted as the standard form.
Massage has been used for healing the sickness since the ancient time where massaging was adopted both in the traditional oriental and western medicine. There are records about massage as well as acupuncture, moxibustion and herbalism in Chinease medical textbook called “Nei-Jing” (3000 B.C). Techniques for massaging treatment are also explained in “Ayuravedha” (Indian scripture about Medical Practice written in 1800 B.C.).
In Greek and Roman, massaging is one of the principal methods of relieving pain. The Father of Western Medicine, “Hippocretes”, mentioned that physician should learn how to massage. The rehabilitate massaging technique for cardiopathy patients was shown in the “Modern Text Book on Cardiology” (1890). In 19th century, a Swedish gymnastic “Per Henrik Link” applied western philosophy into the Chinese massaging technique. He called the new technique of massaging with oil as “Swedish massage” which is presently popular all over the world. Later on several kinds of aromatic with selected fragrant were employed with massage techniques and known as Aromatherapy.
Oil massage is a softly touching massage on the surface muscle without a pain. So, it is preferred by most of people who do not like a feeling of pity painful from press and squeeze massaging techniques. The happiness and wellness receiving from oil massage stimulate the built up of Endorphin hormone which affect to the better psycho-immunology. It also promotes health and helpful in refreshing the whole body, reducing painful and relaxing for good health care.
Considerations for oil massage
1. Masseur should learn from the expert only, otherwise the principle knowledge may be diluted or mixed up.
2. Masseur must conduct the good relationship with the customer.
3. Masseur has to serve the customer the best and makes a good memory.
4. The standard of service is very important; for example, the warm welcome, the quality of massage, and cleanliness.
5. Masseur has to work politely, honestly and sincerely.
6. Safety of customer must be considered either in healthy, mind or reputation.
7. Masseur must work naturally, properly and not exaggeratedly.
Preparations for Place and Equipment during Thai Massage
Environment and atmosphere are key factors for successfulness of massaging. Good atmosphere as well as proper environment makes customer feel relaxing and first impression. In order to creating these, massage place should be,
1. Clean, quiet, and private.
2. The room should not be colorful. A soft-tone color such as soft pink and creamy white is preferable.
3. Use soft and clean towel with soft-tone color.
4. Room temperature must be comfortable neither too hot nor too cold. Naturally after massage the body temperature is likely drop, customer will feel uncomfortable if temperature is too cold.
5. Room must be well ventilated.
6. During massage, cover towels all over customer’s body except the currently massaging area as for keeping snug and warm.
7. Prepare light blankets for customers if they feel cold.
8. Avoid a bright overhead light that will irritate customer’s eyes. Soft lightening, dim light, low lamp and candle are recommended.
9. Room should be soundlessness. Don’t let a noisy voice from outside or even any annoying sound from masseur disturb the customer.
10. Light music is helpful for relaxation.
11. All equipments must be prepared and ready to use, i.e.
• Towels (at least 3-4)
• Light blanket
• Massage oil
• Pillows with different sizes for several purposes, e.g. for head cushion, for back and leg supporting.
Preparation for Masseur
1. Masseur should be calm and concentrate. All equipments must be prepared for ready to use. Any other private business must be carried out before service. During massage, masseur has to be only with the customer from the starting till finishing.
2. Masseur must dress in order without any ornament. These ornaments might be noisy or scrape customer’s skin.
3. Working with good personality and confidence.
4. In case of long hair, masseur’s hair must be kept in order.
5. Dress in comfortable clothes during work. Cotton clothes are recommended.
6. Keep quiet all the time except when answers the customer’s question.
Talk in soft, smooth and polite tone.
7. The suitable time for massage is about 1-1.5 hours.
Preparation for Customer
1. Masseur should make familiar with the customer. If it is his/her first
massage, masseur should explain through all steps of massaging.
Especially for un-wearing clothes, do not rush customer to be naked.
At starting if customer does not familiar to naked, let customer wear
his/her underwear then slowly take off later.
2. Ask customer to take off his/her ornaments and earring.
3. In case customer wears contact lens, it should be taken off.
Oil using in massage are separated in 2 types:
1. Massage Oil: use natural oil such as almond oil, sunflower oil or
coconut oil as massage base oil. The base oil will lubricate and help
hands able to slide smoothly over the body.
2. Aromatic Oil: select aromatic oil that is proper for curing a symptom
• Bergamot: To calm down, prevent depression and anxiety.
• Chamomile: To prevent skin irritation.
• Geranium: To balance the body hormones, reduce the anxiety and
reduce pain from dysmenorrhae, pre-menstrual syndrome or
• Ginger: To make the body worm, reduce the swelling of the joints.
• Lavender: To reduce anxiety, headache, anti-depressant and induce
• Rose: Good for dried skin and wrinkle.
• Rosemary: For releasing migraine, headache, cough, and
Oil mixture: Mix proportion is 1 drop of aromatic oil per 2 ml of massage
base oil. Normally for whole body massage, it takes about 50 ml of oil.
Preliminary Steps before Massage
1. Let a customer take a rest for a few minutes. Masseur should ask
customer about his/her health problem and disease, and how often do
receive massage. If it is the first time, the explanation for all steps of
work is necessary.
2. Masseur can give softly shoulder massage for relaxation before changing.
3. Do the skin sensitivity test by applying thin layer of selected oil on customer’s ear lope or other soft skin for few minutes. In case there is skin rash or irritation, that oil cannot be used and must be replaced.
4. Ask the customer to change clothes; during that masseur do clean their hands.
5. During massage, do not pour oil directly on customer’s skin. Rather that masseur should soak their hands with oil and do massage.
Steps of Massage
Oil massage starting by lets the customer lies face down on the bed. Cover 2 towels on the customer’s back, one on the upper part and the other on the lower. Masseur will massage by separated in to 4 sessions, as follows:
1. Massage on upper back.
2. Massage on lower back to feet.
Change the customer’s position to lie face up.
3. Massage from feet up to thigh.
4. Massage stomach to chest and shoulder.
Dublin's number one Thai Massage Center: Mai Thai Massage Dublin